SharePoint Site Usage Dates are Off

Brass Contributor

I noticed this week that the dates for SharePoint site usage are off by a day when you hover over them to see the number of unique visitors or site visits. For example (as shown in my attachment) it's showing Monday, 2/10, at the bottom of the bar chart which is right, but when you hover over the bar by date to see the daily number, it's off by a date. Refreshing, restarting, etc., hasn't fixed this. Something's off. 

5 Replies

@Joni_Kirk What browser are you using?, Also what type of site.

Testing mine in Edge(chromium) shows it all aligned fine in a Communication site.

@Paul Hunt - Cimares I use Internet Explorer. It's happening on all my communication sites.

Just tested with IE, Chrome and Edge, all seem to be aligning correctly.

Couple of things to try.. Firstly, check on another machine, ideally one not domain joined to rule out any cached files in your proxies etc. Then try clearing your cache on your machine and seeing if that solves the issue (Especially if it is happening in Chrome or other browsers.)

Have you got any customization on the sites? Try building a new Comms Site and testing that. If you have access to another Tenant, try that too.

Paul.

@Paul Hunt - Cimares Thanks. Tried all of these (new browsers, cleared cache on two browsers, new tenant, other users) and the problem persists. No customization of sites. The usage by date shows one date at the bottom, but the date with the number of users that appears when hovering over the bar is different. 

@Joni_Kirk Very weird, I can't recreate across multiple tenants/browsers and users. Have you tried both domain joined devices and a home PC that doesn't have any Group policy or Proxies in the way?

If you like, I can set you up a test account in my test tenant and give you access to a site to test that I know renders correctly for me. If you want, ping me an e-mail by DM and we'll get that setup.

Paul