SharePoint site names being ignored in webparts and on SPO homepage ("home" is shown instead)

Steel Contributor

Created a ticket with Microsoft support because the "sites" webpart was showing a lot of sites with the name "home" and ignoring the name/title that has been configured. Strugging to get it fixed (i.e. "send logs, send more logs, more logs please, this is not a bug because I can't reproduce it in my lab tenant, try this, try that, they asked me to ask you to try this again, need more logs please, can't seem to download the attachment from the ticket, please attach again"). This issue is now impacting the SharePoint Online homepage, both communication sites and sites connected to O365 groups & Microsoft Teams. OneDrive in O365 has a similar overview which is now showing the same issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

2 Replies
i have the exact same problem, when i use the sites webpart and select "All sites in Hub", then i only see "Home".

did you find a way to fix this problem?

@M4nTis it's been a while, but if I remember this correctly the issue was with the configuration in our tenant for sitename field. Recommend creating a ticket, they can investigate this for you.