SharePoint site-footer logo displays also the filename

Copper Contributor

We have this weird thing at one of our customers that the SharePoint site-footer logo displays the name of the logo next to it. This is not the case when I'am logged in as an admin, but when I log in like a normal user, they see that.

This is what the admin sees (logo is blurred):

Logo01.png

This is what a user (readonly) sees (logo and part of the name is blurred):

Logo02.png

How can I prevent SharePoint from displaying that filename/title? It is not a huge problem, but it looks very buggy like this.

Thanks to you all in advance.

3 Replies

@Kris van Riet 

Hello,

In the source code, the element might have properties (including the title), is the admin and end-user using the same browser?

Try to check the source code for where the file is included, see if there are properties that includes the title of the file.

Yours sincerely,
Aref Halmstrand

@Kris van Riet 

Strange... Is there any customization applied on this SharePoint site (maybe using SharePoint framework)?

Also, check if anything is added to "Display name", refer below image:

Footer settings.PNG

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap thank you for your reply.

There are none customization's in the framework. The only non-OOTB things we use are some webparts that add extra functionality. But the problem with the footer-logo existed already before we used any custom webparts from an app catalog site.

I've tried different browsers and incognito, but it presents no difference.

• Even when I delete the logo completely, the text is still displayed for the normal user
  • When I add any display name, the name is changed in admin, but as normal user, I still see the old value (which wasn't even in the display name at all).

As an admin, everything works as it should be, as an user (readonly) the problem occurs. I have reviewed the sourcecode in Edge, and this is the difference I see:

As an admin:

Logo01.png

As an user (readonly):

Logo02.png

As you can see, an extra SPAN is added in the code for the user with read only rights.

Hope this helps in understanding the issue.