Sharepoint Settings Gear Missing

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am the SharePoint owner with full control, however, the setting gear that should be in the top right of my sites is missing. On all pages. It was there yesterday. Any idea how to fix this? See photo. 

MeaganUTSW_0-1681997955322.png

Thanks!
Meag

27 Replies
https://portal.office.com/ServiceStatus - of course this is saying everything is working...but I am still not seeing the gear in SharePoint as of yet
Missing for me as well but only on Modern Sites. Still shows on classic sites in my tenant.

@JBIII @MeaganUTSW @Tracie_McNamara @rgyule @algoblin 

This is an issue from Microsoft end effecting few of the Microsoft 365 apps or services. If you have access to M365 admin center, you can check this incident at: Some users may be unable to view or access Microsoft 365 apps or services 

Here's the screenshot for others who don't have admin center access: 

ganeshsanap_1-1682010932251.pngAlso, I can see the SharePoint settings menu and app launcher without any issues: 

ganeshsanap_0-1682010868176.pngNote: I am using Targeted release SharePoint tenant.

So, we have to wait until Microsoft resolves this issue and roll out the SharePoint update with fixes to all the SharePoint tenants.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Same issues here, I can't believe this is not showing up in the health dashboard. submitted a ticket.

@MeaganUTSW  We are having the same issue.

@MeaganUTSW Looks like it's slowly coming back. For a while, I was seeing it on sitepages but not on lists or libs. Now I'm seeing it on lists and libs. Microsoft has been providing updates, with the latest update from 20 minutes ago. Not fully resolved yet though.

@rgyule you can go to the service health admin portal: Health dashboard - Microsoft 365 admin center

@algoblin @rgyule Correct and direct URL for health dashboard is: M365 Health dashboard 

and for Service health dashboard: M365 Service health 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs