SharePoint - Scheduled news will not be published

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I'm glad it's finaly possible to schedule a newspost in SharePoint. Unfortunately, based on my experiences, I have no confidence in the scheduling functionality. Why? It often happens that on the moment the scheduled newspost must be published, it not happen. Are there others who also run into these problem? Of course I've enabled scheduling on the sitecolletion. :)

Kind regards Rob

5 Replies

Hello @Rob Oudejans ,

I am facing the same problem but randomly.

It works most of the time but sometimes a planned news does not publish and we do not see why.

Did you solve your problem ?

@Nathure 

Microsoft can't help me because I can't reproduce the issue when i'm calling with support. :(

@Rob Oudejans 

I understood why our news is not visible: it is the date of the first publication which remained empty.

The end result is our new post will appear with a date of ” jan 1,1″.

Take a look at this post : http://webbrewers.com/sharepoint-online-news-posts-update-the-first-published-date-or-any-lockedfiel...

It explains how to fix this using a news template or a powershell command.

Hope this help.

Hi Rob,
We are experiencing the same issue: Sometimes scheduling is working sometimes not.
Did you ever find a solution for this? The link in Nathure's reply is not working any longer.

@Stefan4052 

Hi Stefan,

I'm sorry the link doesn't work anymore. 

We still sometimes have the problem. 

Most of the time, it is the “first published date” that is empty.
To fix it, I use a PnpOnline script like this :

# Connection to $siteUrl (to be defined)
Connect-PnPOnline -url $siteUrl -SPOManagementShell

# Variable to current date
$Date = Get-Date -Format "yyyy-MM-dd"
$FirstPublishedDate = $Date + "T08:00:00-00:00"

# Write here the id of the page to be corrected
$Id =
# Command to change the date
Set-PnPListItem -List SitePages -Identity $Id -Values @{"FirstPublishedDate"=$FirstPublishedDate} -SystemUpdate

Hope this help.