SharePoint restrict Download to local computer for members

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

I want to restrict SharePoint members with edit access to download documents to local computer but they can edit in browser. 

Can anyone please help[ me in this ?

7 Replies
Quick Question you are using DLP or Information Governance policies?
@Carlos

I haven't used both as i am not sure which one would be right. Can you please advise .
First, let me understand this question, Are you looking that your users can't download and edit documents?
Maybe just editing the list of permissions for that member's group on that SP site, that solution doesn't affect the level of permissions on other SP sites.
Using information governance data classifications and policies you can restrict actions for your documents according to the policies created, during the policy creation process you can select permissions/restrictions accordingly.

They can edit documents in browser. But they should not download and edit in their local computer as they will have copy of the document.
I think that is a combination of using IRM, Information protection policies, and user levels. there is a sample.. https://www.cloudfronts.com/restrict-download-and-print-option-for-sharepoint-online-document-librar...
I'm using IRM and Information protection policies, also in SharePoint, I have enabled the option to restric the sync button to avoid any local download.
Thank you.. Will Check