SharePoint quick link to Network share

Copper Contributor

*Update*

I tested again and if I right click on the link in Quick Links and select open or open in new window, the link will work and does open the network share. However, if I simply click on the link in the Quick Links section it will fail with an "Http 403 forbidden" page.   

How can I get the link in Quick Links to work simply by clicking it rather than right clicking and selecting open or open in new window as this would not be expected by users?

Hello,

I am trying to add a link (to a network share) to the Quick Links navigation in SharePoint 2016 on premise but it is not working.   I can  select add a link edit the name and add the link to the network share, select the test link option and it works fine. However, when I save and then try to access the link in normal mode the link does not work.  It adds "

http://SharepointServerName/sites" before the network file share link and fails to open.  

I know I can add the link to the main page or in a web part but the team is looking to have this link in the Quick Links section.  Is this not possible?  If it is, what am I missing?

Thanks.

0 Replies