SharePoint Question

Copper Contributor

Hello Microsoft Community,

My first post here so please go easy! I have a question about some functionality for SharePoint. I would like to invest some time into creating a Document with a small Excel table that is a template where my team can fill in and put there detailed reports. Then i would like have this form when completed alert and save the file in a location while refreshing the template for the next weeks report. I was wondering if something like this is viable before i invest? This would definitely save time collecting and emailing and filing the information for the team. Anyone got any idea on how to go about doing this or know if this is even possible?

Best,
James An

2 Replies

@James_An 

Hi,

Not sure about the details for this excel form/table, but may have a look at creating a SharePoint list with metadata (fields / columns) so all the information will be accessible to whomever without sending documents around.

If you're looking more for a form type, have a look at PowerApps.

You can also customize the SharePoint list form (where users edit the metadata) using PowerApps which will be directly linked to that particular list.

@Veronique Lengelle 

Awesome, thank you so much! ill definitely check those out. 

My tables will be relatively simple, maybe I can just make a chart on a document my team can fill out.

So creating a form/document on sharepoint without opening anything externally as a template to fill out is viable correct?
My apologies I am very novice in this field. What my plan is to make a template for weekly reports --> Have team fill out individual sections --> Finalized form will be created and auto email/alerts will be made -->the file will save as a document on sharepoint ---> the template will cleared and clean for the next week.