SharePoint Page Views

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone I manage our company sharepoint site which is made up for modern pages, wikipage, and documents (pdf, excel, etc). I need a way to track page/document views on all pages to track trends and see what employees are viewing. the site usage is great but it only shows the "unique views" for 7 days and only data on top 20 pages/documents. I need the data for all the pages/content on our sharepoint. Our IT team was able to generate this report on the old 2010 version but since we switch to the new SharePoint we are unable to get this data.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of way to pull this data? Thanks.

2 Replies

You can ask a developer a to write a SPFx Extension that makes use of Google Analytics or Azure Application Insights to get a more granular analytics. There are also some samples over the Internet

@mqpham83 For SharePoint online modern experience, you have create a SPFx Application customizer extension to inject analytics service on a SharePoint site pages.

Here's one sample which will help you to get started with the development: Google Analytics Application Customizer 

This sample uses Google Analytics for tracking page analytics.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.