SharePoint Page Migration

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

Recently we have migrated the Sharepoint pages 2013 to SharePoint online. The old pages were built using html code. Now the migrated pages showing "Something went wrong Error".

old Page is below.

BhagyaPlus_1-1601570491623.png

Migrated page now showing anything.Snap shot below

BhagyaPlus_0-1601570398686.png

Please team help me understand this so that i can work on it.

Thank you

6 Replies
Well, the problem for sure is that in those Web Pages you have Web Parts or code that is not supported in SPO....so technically the page cannot be migrated and you might need to re-write it.

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Well! There might be some Way, right? Because we have so many pages and subpages moved to SP online. How can we re-write or redesign all the pages? we have used the Sharegate tool for migration.

What's your opinion on this.

Thanks

Team,

Help me with my Query. Please I am carrying out-migration and this(Subsite and SP Page) is my most and highest Priority.

Thanks

@BhagyaPlus 

This sounds like it really wasn't tested beforehand.  @Juan Carlos González Martín is right in that HTML cannot be migrated directly into Modern SharePoint pages.  If you want to migrate directly " as is", you may need to migrate into a Classic SharePoint site that uses a Wiki rather than a modern team-site.

@Steven Andrews 

Thank you for your answer.
But I have migrated a few subsites and subpages(.aspx)from Classic SP to SP Online. So if I click on the migrated URLs, nothing displays. So I thought there will be some settings to retain the old pages with some work around it.

So, according to the answers, I feel like I have to re-design all the Classic master pages in my SP ONline.
The Only way left? Am I right Team?

Thanks
Bhagya

@Steven Andrews 

Thank you for your answer.

But I have migrated a few subsites and subpages(.aspx)from Classic SP to SP Online. So if I click on the migrated URLs, nothing displays. So I thought there will be some settings to retain the old pages with some work around it.

So, according to the answers, I feel like I have to re-design all the Classic master pages in my SP ONline.

The Only way left? Am I right Team?

Thanks

Bhagya