Sharepoint Online Workflow alternative

Copper Contributor

Goodmorning

I'm new to sharepoint online

I'm currently using a Workflow 2013 to trigger a webhook and run a runbook on an Azure Automation Account.

Basically, when an Item is added filling all the needed field to a Sharepoint list, the webhook is triggered passing the needed parameters to the runbook.

Is there any alternative way to do the same without using a workflow?

Thank you for your help

2 Replies

@jo_rinaldi I am not sure what you do by running the runbook on an Azure Automation Account. But in SharePoint online, you can use SharePoint web hooks & Power automate to automate the process on item creation in SharePoint.

Check below documentation for more information:

1. Overview of SharePoint webhooks 
  2. Get started with Power Automate 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Thank you for your kind reply.

I have many Runbooks doing different tasks.

I'll try to breakdown a little to clarify.

Let's say we want to run a Runbook to automate the new Account creation, that runs on an Hybrid Worker Group and requires some "good formed" input parameters.

For this runbook, we have created a webhook

Basically, a modified input form or a PowerApp helps the admin to input the required parameters and when the form is submitted, a new item is created in a sharepoint list.

When a new item is created in the list, a workflow is triggered and builds a dictionary from the list fields and sends an HTTP POST to the runbook webhook URL.

The webhook of course triggers the runbook passing all the parameters and the runbook carries out the job.

I know I could use power automate, but I couldn't find a way to do this without using premiium connectors, that means buying a license for any user that needs to run a runbook. 

Is there any way to do the same task in power automate for free? (as workflows)

Thank you for your kind help