SOLVED

SharePoint online when I click "New" item button in a SPO list, I want to use Detail panel

Copper Contributor

Now, when I click on "New", my browser go to this page /NewForm.aspx (that look like the classic view and user don't like it), but I want to use the right pane "New item form panel".

My site and list are in Modern experience. I think one user activate Approval flow and now when we click "New" that open a classic page for new item.

What I want : 

Capture.JPG

If you have a solution using PNP, I'm fine with that, but I will accept anything that work to find back the Detail panel for New items.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by PhilHDemo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PhilHDemo Are using any classic experience column in your list like Location/Geolocation, etc.?

Using classic experience columns might force list forms to open in classic experience.

Also, did you activate SharePoint OOTB approval flow or using power automate approvals? If SharePoint OOTB flow, check if this feature added any columns in list.

Also make sure Modern experience is selected for your list from List settings > Advanced settings.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PhilHDemo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PhilHDemo Are using any classic experience column in your list like Location/Geolocation, etc.?

Using classic experience columns might force list forms to open in classic experience.

Also, did you activate SharePoint OOTB approval flow or using power automate approvals? If SharePoint OOTB flow, check if this feature added any columns in list.

Also make sure Modern experience is selected for your list from List settings > Advanced settings.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post