SOLVED

SharePoint Online: Unable to edit Managed Properties in the search schema at site collection level.?

Copper Contributor

Sometime last week the ability to edit managed properties at site collection level disappeared and the only option available is to view. This problem is on all tentants I currently use. Does anyone else have this problem? Has Microsoft done some changes here?

5 Replies

@David Opdendries, what are you trying to change within the Managed Properties? Which managed property are you trying to change?

Refinablestring00 for example. But basically there are several Managed Properties we would like to change. None of them are editable anymore.
best response confirmed by David Opdendries (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have not seen this issue ever in Office 365 tenants that I work with.

Just make sure you are at the right page though.

Site Level Schema - only view option is with this URL: /_layouts/15/listmanagedproperties.aspx?level=site

SiteCollection Level Schema - allows edit is with this URL: /_layouts/15/listmanagedproperties.aspx?level=sitecol

Hope this helps !

Capture.JPG

Bingo. That was the problem. There is about 4 of us that are confused here. I would like to say the link has changed on the "Schema" approx last Thursday at midnight but maybe we are all just working to hard :)

Been there as is as far as I can remember but yes I can understand the confusion !

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David Opdendries (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have not seen this issue ever in Office 365 tenants that I work with.

Just make sure you are at the right page though.

Site Level Schema - only view option is with this URL: /_layouts/15/listmanagedproperties.aspx?level=site

SiteCollection Level Schema - allows edit is with this URL: /_layouts/15/listmanagedproperties.aspx?level=sitecol

Hope this helps !

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post