SOLVED

Sharepoint Online: This page allows a limit of 300 controls, and that limit has been exceeded,

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We have a page (.aspx) in Team Site in Sharepoint Online, with number of hyperlink controls which was working fine. All of a sudden, it started giving the exception while trying to edit the page.

This page allows a limit of 200 controls, and that limit has been exceeded.

On searching in Google, some links referred to update the following in web.config. 

<SafeMode MaxControls=”200″ CallStack=”false” DirectFileDependencies=”10″ TotalFileDependencies=”250″ AllowPageLevelTrace=”false”>

As it is Sharepoint Online, i cannot modify the web.config. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat.

5 Replies

@Venkata Ratnam Vemula as per my knowledge you wont be able to do so unless you change the design pattern of your content load. Usually you can introduce, pagination and tabs to get rid of such situations. Please consider them to ensure feasibility in SP online.

@Vikram_Samal 

Thanks for the reply. Looks like, I cannot edit the page, which makes it unusable. Is there any other way,i can edit this page and modify as you suggested.

best response confirmed by Venkata Ratnam Vemula (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Venkata Ratnam Vemula in the page what type of contents are there any custom components are there? can you try https://yorsharepointurl/Pages/Home.aspx?contents=1 ,that's will allow you to see the web part maintenance page and then you can try and eliminate the problematic web part.

Hi Venkat

Thanks for confirmation please mark the response appropriately if it helps with your solution.

Thanks
Vikram
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Venkata Ratnam Vemula (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Venkata Ratnam Vemula in the page what type of contents are there any custom components are there? can you try https://yorsharepointurl/Pages/Home.aspx?contents=1 ,that's will allow you to see the web part maintenance page and then you can try and eliminate the problematic web part.

View solution in original post