SOLVED

SharePoint Online Suite bar

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I am looking to change the color of the suite bar for SharePoint Online for all users.

As far as I know, this is done from the 365 admin center under Org settings->Organization profile->Custom theme

The suite bar is however already set to black, but for some reason the users still see the bar as blue when they work in SharePoint Online.

So the question is, is there any other place where this color can be changed, or is it just this under custom theme this can be done?

5 Replies

@miclarsen1 Hello,

You are doing it the right way. AFAIK, that should be the only way to adjust the color of the suite bar.
However, you can also manage to force the same theme on all users. If this is not set, users can also customize the suite bar in M365.

Yours sincerely,
Aref Halmstrand

Hi @ArefHalmstrand 

Thank you for replying.

Yeah I thought as much.

But does one go about forcing this through for all users?

I did remove the option for users to set their own themes if that is what you mean?

Regards

Michael

best response confirmed by miclarsen1 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@miclarsen1 

Yes, this is the only way to change the color of suit bar across Microsoft 365. I think you are doing it right and you can find more information about the same at: Customize the Microsoft 365 theme for your organization 

However, sometimes it takes time to show up the changed color everywhere across all sites.

How much time completed after you changed the color from admin center?

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap 

Yeah it turns out it was a bit buggy. 

The color was already set to black, but it was not applied for all users. 

Switching the color to blue saving and switching it back to black did the trick.

So in short: Use the ol' switcheroo trick on this one

@miclarsen1 

Haha funny that switching back and forth made it work! I will keep that in mind, thanks for updating. :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by miclarsen1 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@miclarsen1 

Yes, this is the only way to change the color of suit bar across Microsoft 365. I think you are doing it right and you can find more information about the same at: Customize the Microsoft 365 theme for your organization 

However, sometimes it takes time to show up the changed color everywhere across all sites.

How much time completed after you changed the color from admin center?

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post