SOLVED

SharePoint Online send email on Column Person / Group

Copper Contributor

Hi, I've created list and using column person / group on sharepoint online but how to send email to that person is assigned ? 

I Think using powerautomate but can anyone help to configure on powerautomate?

Thanks 

8 Replies
best response confirmed by lucasignatius (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lucasignatius 

Yes, you can achieve this using Power Automate. You can add trigger When an item is created or modified in your flow. 

Then add "Send an Email (V2)" action, in "To" select "Assigned To Email address" from dynamic properties from above trigger.

Something like this:

power automate send email.JPGReferencePower Automate - how to trigger an email workflow when 'Assigned To' value is changed to another 'As... 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Okey, it work, but I'm using send email (v2)

But if want to add new list on share point , like this :

if category A : will be sent email to email person 1

if category B : will be sent email to email person 2

if category C : will be sent email to email person 3

because now, it must be manually to assign person , and i need to automatically based on category choose.

And my list oh sharepoint (below is my screenshoot)

Sharepoint Category.PNG

I'm just create on powerautomate like this (below is my screenshoot)

Send Email PowerAutomate.PNG

@lucasignatius 

For your requirements, you can use Switch action in your flow. Add switch action on Category field, create a case for each category value and then send email to particular user based on category selection. 

Your flow should look something like this (Image only for reference):

search-by-service-switch

You can find more details about switch action at:

1. Search by service when you build flows and other new features 
  2. 3 ways to build multiple conditions in Microsoft Flow 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

This case is solved

Thanks anyway for your help it very usefully for me 

I used this for a notification, just moved the email from No to Yes. It is very odd that this is not a standard feature of the Issues list.

@Martin_Cottingham It was part of classic experience "Tasks" and "Issue Tracking" list templates.

It can be enabled from List settings --> Advanced settings --> set Send e-mail when ownership is assigned? to Yes

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

@ganeshsanap Your solution works by sending a separate email to each of the persons listed in the 'AssignedTo EMail' Person or Group property. Is there a way to send only one email but to all the people listed in this property?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lucasignatius (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@lucasignatius 

Yes, you can achieve this using Power Automate. You can add trigger When an item is created or modified in your flow. 

Then add "Send an Email (V2)" action, in "To" select "Assigned To Email address" from dynamic properties from above trigger.

Something like this:

power automate send email.JPGReferencePower Automate - how to trigger an email workflow when 'Assigned To' value is changed to another 'As... 

View solution in original post