SharePoint Online - Profile pictures missing

Brass Contributor

Hey all,

So I am trying to figure out, how on earth I am gonna get profile pictures to show up, whenever I search for users via SharePoint. 

First off it has been a bit of a puzzle to me, why searching for people inside of SPO was so inconvenient, since as a user, you first have to find this url /_layouts/15/search.aspx/people and if you don't know how to do that, well then forget about searching for people in SPO.

I seems Microsoft is hiding this piece of dysfunctionality and maybe that is because, getting pictures into the SharePoint Profiles is..again..inconvenient at best!

I tried bulk uploading the pictures with freeware tool CodeTwo that works like and absolute charm at uploading the pictures to Exchange Online and as everyone knows, there is some kind of sync going on from there to most other corners in Office 365, or so I have heard. 
I am also aware of the Core.ProfilePictureUploader tool on Github, but I simply don't know how to make that work. 

The thing is, in order to actually trigger the sync to SharePoint Online, users have to navigate to Delve at least once and only then will the sync happen and only for that user. 

So the question is, is there any way for organizations to trigger the sync between EXO and SPO, in order to the this to work?

Best regards

Michael

1 Reply

@miclarsen1 We're glad CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 helps! Just wanted to mention that Microsoft 365 can take up to 72 hours to synchronize photos to SharePoint. Also, you can go to SharePoint admin center > Manage User Profiles and make sure that the Picture Exchange Sync State is set to 1.