SOLVED

SharePoint Online Picture Library - Edit in Grid View

Brass Contributor

Is it possible to edit SharePoint Online Picture Library item properties in bulk?  Please don't tell me I have to choose the 3-dot menu next to every filename.  Thank you!! 

26 Replies

@sukieP It is possible to bulk edit the properties of multiple items at at time like: 

ganeshsanap_0-1636456042601.png

Follow the steps similar to this blog: Bulk Edit Properties in SharePoint Online - Modern Experience  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you @ganeshsanap ! It's better than what I was doing,image.png but I really wish this would turn into a grid so that I could quickly update resolution column with varying answers.

@sukieP I was able to open the grid view from All Pictures + Compact List view in picture library. Try changing your library view like below & click on "Edit in grid view" option:

ganeshsanap_0-1636541153492.png

Let me know if this works for you too.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Like you, I see "Edit in grid view", but when I click it, the format changes back from Compact List to Tiles. Are you actually able to get a grid view where you can edit? Thank you again!
best response confirmed by sukieP (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@sukieP Yes, I am able to open the library view in grid mode & edit the properties, see this: 

ganeshsanap_0-1636614170662.png

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

Thank you so much @ganeshsanap. It must be broken in our tenant. We are contacting Microsoft Support.

@sukieP We're encountering the same behavior in our tenant, did you happen to have this resolved and can share the solution?

@RCFTech - it's still an open ticket with Microsoft. I'll try to remember to post here when we get an update.

@sukieP Have you found a solutiuon? I have the same issue.

@HeikeSchaefer 
Did you try: Add new Library >settings > advanced settings > manage content type - yes> edit content type > add content type image. Than change the view to edit in grid view. 

Sorry the image is in dutch

Daan_N_0-1637583585560.png

Same issue here in our tenant. I tried @Daan_N's suggestion for the content type which already had 'Picture' listed as the default with no luck. Also tried @ganeshsanap's suggestion and made sure to have All Pictures / Compact List selected but once Edit in grid view is click the view reverts back to All Pictures / Tiles.
Hi Jeremy, if you add a standard document library and place two picture in it and two documents? You stil get the revert in the view? (I did not use the standard picture library)
Hi Daan_N, I tried a similar approach and followed your tip to add picture as another content type to a document library!
Maybe the issue was that I once had moved that image library from on-prem to online?
Hi Heike,
I did not migrate my library, i created a new one. I wil try to migrate a picture library to see if i get the same outcome.
Hi @Daan_N. Edit in grid view still works for all of my document libraries; this has only affected my Picture libraries. All of which were able to edit in grid view until sometime around Nov. 12th. Even when creating a new test picture library the behavior is the same.

@jeremy2305 @HeikeSchaefer @sukieP @Daan_N @RCFTech 

Above given solution works fine for me. I just recorded below GIF for reference: grid edit picture library.gif

One thing I would like to highlight is, I have set up the targeted release option for myself as given in below documentation. Not sure if this feature is allowing me to edit in grid view.

Set up the Standard or Targeted release options 

@ganeshsanap I am also on the Targeted Release. Below you can see the behavior we get when clicking edit in grid view. 

Edit in grid view.gif

@jeremy2305 Not sure why it is not working for you. Try raising support ticket with Microsoft & see how it goes.

@ganeshsanap  I've had a ticket open since last week and it was escalated to the team lead this morning. I'll chime back in here if I hear anything back. I've referenced this conversation in my ticket as proof that I am not the only one with the issue. The initial technician claimed the feature was not supported for anything other than document libraries even though it has worked flawlessly until a week ago.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sukieP (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@sukieP Yes, I am able to open the library view in grid mode & edit the properties, see this: 

ganeshsanap_0-1636614170662.png

View solution in original post