SOLVED

Sharepoint online (Office 365) - web part for text and images

Copper Contributor

It would be great if there was a web part that would allow the user to write text and at the same time allow the user to insert images in the same web part. 

This would be extremely useful when writing documentation in SharePoint and one needs to accompany text with images for clarification. 

Now it's cumbersome to do this; e.g. use a text web part then add an image web part and then more text web parts, etc. 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Beau Cameron (MVP)
Solution
Great suggestion! I recommend you to go to SharePoint uservoice site to post this idea if it's not already there...It's also worth to check SPFx repositories in GitHub because someone could have already created that WebPart

@Aris_325 

I totally agree and have struggled with this myself in modern pages.  Since that is what we had with the classic pages, the fact that it changed to being separate web parts  in modern pages tells me it's probably not easy to do or they would have kept it that way.  If we had text and images in a single web part, how would that work with responsive design? How would SharePoint know how to rearrange your text and images to reformat your page for another screen size or even mobile? 

I'll vote for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Let's hope they fix it because it is indeed very cumbersome to use the text alone and the image alone. And it is a pity for SharePoint to have such limitations.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Beau Cameron (MVP)
Solution
Great suggestion! I recommend you to go to SharePoint uservoice site to post this idea if it's not already there...It's also worth to check SPFx repositories in GitHub because someone could have already created that WebPart

View solution in original post