SharePoint Online, modern team sites can't delete column in list

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a modern SharePoint Online site and I can't delete one column (GRAD-OLD) in List library because I don't have Delete button in Edit Column mode.

When I go to All items->Edit Current view in List library I got list of columns with three records for columns GRAD-OLD:

Pic1.png

I don't know how to fix this. Can someone help me how to delete GRAD-OLD column in List library? 

Thanks

5 Replies

@DejanL when you're in the list, click on the gear icon in the top right and select List settings. On the settings page scroll down until you see the columns. Click on Grad-Old and when the column info screen is displayed scroll to the bottom of the page and click Delete.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott  thank you for answer. Problem is that I don't have Delete button when I go to specified path.

Pic2.png

DejanL

@DejanL that sounds like a permissions issue. Are you the site admin with full control privileges?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott  I'm site owner with Full control. I already deleted one column without problem. Only for this column I don't have Delete button.

@DejanL Someone has renamed the original 'Title' column to GRAD-OLD. You can't delete a title column from a list by design. Best you can probably do is make sure it isn't required and hide it from the forms, and don't show on any views by unchecking the selection boxes.