SOLVED

SharePoint Online Modern Quick Links web part can no longer select Document Library from "Site"

Copper Contributor

When I open up Quick Links web part and go to Add a link, then select the "Sites" option, as of yesterday my Document Libraries are no longer selectable. I can only navigate within them and select files/etc.

Any ideas why this is happening?

11 Replies
Hello,
I'm experiencing the same behaviour, and the only workaround that I find is to paste the document library link using the option "From a Link". But this way isn't very comfortable.
Same issue same work around. It was working fine one week ago and didn't see anything about a change like that.
Good to know that is not only me! What a bugger...

@Alessio Fochi 

Just did that work around... so cumbersome. I hope they fix this soon! Is there any support blog or similar that I can follow from Microsoft?

I am having the same issue, this is no good! I hope that this gets fixed or put back to the way it was quickly.

Glad that it is not just me though.
best response confirmed by Mysticode (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi everybody,
Since yesterday, I noticed that I can add again a link to a document library or folder from Site option.
If you flag in the top right corner of the library you want to add or select a folder, the button Open will be enabled.

image.png

Hurray! I can confirm that it's back for me as well. Happy days.

@Mysticode 

Has anyone noticed this stopped working again?  Last week I was able to select the entire document library but as of Friday I could only add contents within the library to the Quick Link.  

Oh no! It stopped working again! :( Files and folders within the library: Yes. The entire document library: No! Hope they fix it soon.
I was kind of hoping it was a glitch so not good to hear others are having the same issue. :(
I'm having this issue for long and I'm so frustrated. Before checking here I opened ticket with Microsoft and no real help and as per support person's supervisor it is by design.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mysticode (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi everybody,
Since yesterday, I noticed that I can add again a link to a document library or folder from Site option.
If you flag in the top right corner of the library you want to add or select a folder, the button Open will be enabled.

image.png

View solution in original post