Sharepoint Online Left Panel Navigation Problem

Brass Contributor

Has anyone encountered a case where you click "edit" to edit the navigation panel/tree in a modern communication subsite (using Edge browser - haven't tried others), and upon clicking edit, the editable menu items are now showing the navigation items from a DIFFERENT subsite (in this case I get the menu items from a subsite that is a peer subsite to the subsite I'm working on).

I've been getting this a lot in the past day or so.

CTRL + F5 usually corrects it, but not always. I also logged out of Sharepoint, closed all my tabs, cleared all data (except passwords), closed the browser (current Edge build), re-opened the browser, logged in to Sharepoint, edit one subsite tree, no problem, then go to a different peer subsite (they both share the same parent), edit the nav panel and I get the nav panel from the previous subsite rather than the current subsite. Canceling the edit restores the correct nav items to the panel.

EDIT: I can't seem to reproduce this on a modern Teams subsite.

2 Replies

@oiverson Hello,

Could you please send an image of this issue? 

Note, in my experience, Microsoft is working away from using subsites. Having a flat architecture instead, focusing on Communication/Team sites with relevant pages. 

At the very moment, Microsoft has given the possibility to disable creation of subsites. I think that we are 1-2 years away from having them completely gone/non supported. However that is only my thoughts about it.

Yours sincerely,
Aref Halmstrand

@ArefHalmstrand

Here are two screenshots showing the menu NOT being edited, and then how they change when I click "edit".

Do you have any resources about subsites being discontinued? Is this part of their push towards using hubs instead?