SOLVED

SharePoint Online home page - vertical section shading

Brass Contributor

On our home page (main hub site), I have a vertical section on the right. I want to use the dark red shading, however when I pick the darker shading, it washes out all the text like you see below.

Can anyone else confirm, does this happen to you too? I've had an open ticket with Microsoft since last November which has proven to be completely useless; after 8 months they can't even get a hold of an engineer to ask why this is happening. Is there some fix I don't know about or, some CSS code or something that I could throw in there to get this to cooperate?

shading-settings.png

feed-good.png

feed-bad.png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by mgudites1 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@mgudites1 I just tried this on my SharePoint tenant & I am able to reproduce this issue.

Content is shown properly when page is in edit mode. When I published the page, feed title is invisible (white color applied to feed title). I can see the feed title on hover because it applied red background color to feed tile on hover:

ganeshsanap_0-1657699214019.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks for helping me confirm! At least now I know it's not specific to our tenant or something. Now if I could just get Microsoft to actually acknowledge it...

@mgudites1 You're welcome! Glad it helped you.

You can also share this thread with Microsoft support team.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mgudites1 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@mgudites1 I just tried this on my SharePoint tenant & I am able to reproduce this issue.

Content is shown properly when page is in edit mode. When I published the page, feed title is invisible (white color applied to feed title). I can see the feed title on hover because it applied red background color to feed tile on hover:

ganeshsanap_0-1657699214019.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post