SharePoint Online - Home page menu vs page menu

Copper Contributor

Hello guys

I am just asking myself why the hell the menu on the home page is not the same as the same page that is not the home page of the site.

Home PageNot home page
clipboard_image_1.pngclipboard_image_2.png

The question is really simple and I suppose there is a hidden field that contains something specific. 

For example the home page of your modern team site will display the menu on the left in the table.

If you go to the site pages library and copy this home page to a folder of the site pages library... then the home page (sitepages/home.aspx) AND the copied page (sitepages/folder/home.aspx), both will display the menu of the left in the table.

If you edit the copied page, do nothing and publish it... then the page will display the menu of the right in the table.

If you go to the SitePages/folder/ and make the home.aspx page there as homepage... then page SitePages/home.aspx will display the menu of the right, the the new home page (SitePages/folder/home.aspx) will display the menu of the left.

So there is a way to have the same menu on different page if you copy the home page somewhere else and if you do not edit this page. Until you edit one of those copied pages, then you will have the left menu. 

As SharePoint online modern sites does not support MUI right now. I have to create multiple page (with the help of the language module from PnP community). But the only things is that the different pages will not have the same content in the new menu.

Any way to have the same menu in different pages ?

clipboard_image_0.png

Thank you :) for your help

0 Replies