SharePoint Online Font - Too light to read

Iron Contributor

Many of our users are complaining that the font for the 'Normal text' being difficult to read.

The default font is indeed too light and thin, and when there is a large amount of text you need to strain your eyes to keep reading comfortably. 

This is an issue regardless of what resolution the screen is in, and how bright it is etc. 

Interestingly, when you re-size the browser window until the side bar disappears, the default font changes font and is much more readable. See the examples below:

1.JPG

2.JPG

You can clearly see the second font is much kinder to the eyes. This is a serious accessibility issue, therefore please either give admins more options for fonts, or make the default font more readable.

2 Replies

This is/has been a major issue for my company as well. This is something so obvious, I am not sure why this has not been addressed. I have seen many post regarding this issue so I'm sure there are numerous users who feel the same way. Additionally, I would very much like to be able to select my own font.

@Michael Butterfield 

Agree!

My workaround is to insert a table. Notice that the font will be a little more eye friendly.

Font Discussion.JPG

Unfortunately, the resizing of the browser doesn't have any effect in mine.