SharePoint Online File Editor Won't Save Changes

MVP

It appears the text editor for editing files in SharePoint Online broke overnight. I can no longer save any changes made to the files.  I can edit the file, but clicking the Save link does nothing. I've tested this on 3 tenants on 2 different browsers and had confirmation from someone else that it's broken for them as well. 

71 Replies
Same for me today. In fact, none of the items on that ribbon function (Share, download, etc). What's up!

Same here :(

This is by far one of the coolest new features; too bad to see it broken...

Thanks for reporting, @Mark Rackley. We've confirmed repro (seems to be an issue w/ text editor control only in SharePoint; works fine in ODB). The engineering team is investigating and will get a fix out as soon as possible.

Hello!

I was wondering if there is anywhere I can follow to discover when this will be fixed so I can update my team.

Thank you!

Andy M.

@Andy McMaster@Mark Rackley - a fix has already been identified and checked-in (should go in next week's build and be out in PROD soon thereafter). Thanks!

any quick fix for First Release customers, or shall we use SharePoint Designer while we wait?
:)

Thanks Sean! 

In all seriousness, though: This is by far the most useful new feature I've seen. Being able to edit css/js/html/txt/etc files right in the browser is simply amazing.

Hey Sean,

Thanks for your update. Will the fix be implemented this week or will it take a few more weeks?

It's working now for me. Thanks!

Hi, 

The same issue has been repeated today. I can't see the Ribbon items(Save,share,download etc..) for SharePoint Online Text editors.

Issue is back again, but slightly different now in that the buttons don't even show up:NoButtons.png

I am experiencing the same issue recently.

Has a fix been identified for this problem?  I have been experiencing this same issue since 10/3.

For me, the issue was resolved, and I believe it was a permissioning issue on the directory.

@Mike Rimer- Which permissions was it? I'm a Site Collection Administrator...

Looks to me like a misconfiguration of CDN whitelists or some such nonce-ess ;pStillNoButtons.png

You are probably right.  I don't have the exact information about the issue I'm experiencing, but from what I can see, the symptoms are that I'm able to upload new versions of a text file, overwriting previous versions.  However, in the online text editor, the button ribbon is blank, and consequently I'm unable to click "Save" to make changes in that workflow.