SharePoint online custom News folder?

Iron Contributor

Hi,

Since is not possible to use custom managed properties in the Site Pages library is there a way to change the folder where the news pages are saved? 

Best regards

Americo

6 Replies
No this is hard coded into the news web parts. Your only option would be to setup flow or something to move pages in and out of that library but maintain the master library elsewhere. But that probabaly won’t work depending on what your using the metadata for.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks, you gave me an idea, test using Flow.

The metadata is for a highlight content web part on other site collection tha needs to show the same news as the one published on the root site. 

Best regards

Americo

You can accomplish that easy now since the Highlighted content web part now has a "Source" option. You can put that site collection you need the news from, then just choose the "News" content type, and you will have the news.

But also you could even just use the News webpart, it now has a Source option as well, you can just pick the other site collection to show in the news part on your "other" site collection.

Hi,

The source option is available only on  targeted user. 

I believe that in may will be launched to everyone

Oh. Thought you may have been on TR. the new hub sites and source filters make life a lot easier.

Yes, in my personal tenant I run the targeted but I can't do that in the customer tenant.