we are fully migrated do O365, so this question is not connected with migration issues.
We use the copy/move functionality between libraries, folders within libraries or between sites quite often. There are specific reason for this:
- temporary externally shared folders archived in internal sites
- adjusting the content structure etc.
We use web interface only (Chrome on Mac).
However, the functionalities are clumsy and inconsistent:
- sometimes it works without any problems
- sometimes copy/move operation just hangs (0% migrated) and nothing happens (for days)
- sometimes copy/move operation seems to be hanged at 0%, but in the target library/folder the files are already present and accessible
- we try to move one specific folder for weeks to a different site, it never finishes, original folder is still present and the only way to check what has been moved, is to manually check the structure in the target library, file by file. There is no sign if the process is still running or not.
These situations are not bound to number or size of files. It does happen with 1-2 files the same way as with many of them.
There is no way to check the status of these operations (or at least I am not aware of any). So we are not able to be alerted if the operation has failed, if all the files have been moved or not.
We have user complaints that they cannot find the expected files where they need to. I did not expect to have such issues with copy/move operations.