SOLVED

SharePoint Online Column Calculation

Brass Contributor

Hello,
I have created 2 lists on my SharePoint Online page.
In the 2nd list I created a LookUp column to a number column from the 1st list.
Now I want to create a calculated column in the 2. list, in which one column is calculated with the LookUp column.
I always get the error message that he can not find the columns.
Is there a workaround how to solve this?

Thank you very much and best regards
Silas Muth

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Silas_Muth (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Silas_Muth , Lookup columns are not supported in Calculated column formulas.

Workaround: You need to create a Power Automate flow (or designer workflow). Run the workflow on item create and item update. In workflow you can update the column in list 2 with the number value from your lookup column.

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Silas_Muth (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Silas_Muth , Lookup columns are not supported in Calculated column formulas.

Workaround: You need to create a Power Automate flow (or designer workflow). Run the workflow on item create and item update. In workflow you can update the column in list 2 with the number value from your lookup column.

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post