SharePoint Online (classic): Multi-line text field value replicated on save

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have a list called Project Issues, which contains a content type Project Issue. On the content type we have defined multiple fields. One of those fields is the Issue Remarks field, which is a Multiple lines of text field with Append Changes turned on.

Our issue is that when the last edited field on an item is the Issue Remarks field, this value is copied in that field with each subsequent update on that item. If, on the other hand, the last update was on another field (for example the Status field, which is a choice field), the issue does not apply. Explained below in 2 examples, in which example 1 goes well from step 4. While in example 2 the issue continues to occur, because the last change also concerns the Issue Remarks field, among other things.

Example when the issue occurs 1 time
1. I open an item and enter a value in the Issue Remarks field and save the item
2. I open the same project issue again and change another field in the item and save the item
3. The item is saved and the value from step 1 is saved again in the Issue Remarks field. This means that you see duplicate values ​​in this field
4. The next time you save it will be fine

Example if the issue occurs multiple times
1. I open a project issue and enter a value in the Issue Remarks field and save the item
2. I open the same project issue again and change another field and enter something in the Issue Remarks field on the item and save the item
3. The item is saved and the value from step 2 is neatly saved in the Issue remarks field
4. The next time you save, the value from step 2 will be saved again. This means that you see duplicate values ​​in this field

Did anyone ran into this issue as well? Thanks for any help in advance!

All the best,

Quincy

0 Replies