SOLVED

Sharepoint Online - cannot create app catalog site

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I'm new to Office 365 solutions. At the moment I need to set-up a demo tenant in my dev trial account. One of the first steps is to"create app catalog site" https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/use-app-catalog 

However, after step 4 I get the following error message: "Updates are currently disallowed on GET requests.  To allow updates on a GET, set the 'AllowUnsafeUpdates' property on SPWeb."

I saw a solution how to fix it for local Sharepoint Servers. But have no idea what to do in case of Sharepoint Onlin

7 Replies
That's very strange...the site catalog in SPO should create with no problems. What I would suggest here is to open a support ticket because it might happen that something is wrong with your test tenant
best response confirmed by MadSPS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Solution from MS support (it actually helped me):

If the Tenant does not have any Site Collection created it will not be possible to create the App Catalog.

Please go to the SharePoint admin center > Click on More features > Open Classic site collections page and create a new site collection. Just use the default template and make a throwaway site.

After this go back to create the app catalog.

Hi, this did not work for me. It shows that the site already exists when I try to create a dummy site of the same name. If I create a dummy site with a new name, then try to use that new name in the app catalog creation, it does nothing, but does not err out. Just wanted to report it here because it seems like something is amiss.

@MHectorOpuntia 

I am having a similar issue.  I create the App Catalog... then nothing.  I keep refreshing the Active Sites list to see if its there, but no.  Then I go to the Classic Site Collections list and I see that the new App Catalog site is there, but it is greyed out with a green animated circle.  I guess that means it's in the process of creating, but it has been this way for about 2 hours.  Does it usually take that long to create?

Confirmed both, problem & solution.

Great work! Keep it up!

@MadSPS In my case I did know for sure that there must be at least one site collection. Although I did get the same Error and I couldn't create an App Catalog site.

After navigating to Site > Active sites, I discovered that it shows an empty sites list. Strange, because there should be at least one site collection!

Just refreshing with CTRL+F5 did the trick for me. The site collections where there and I could create an App Catalog site.

I guess something in my cache was holding back this process.

Hello there,

Go to the SharePoint admin center. Select Apps from the Quick Launch bar on the left, and then select App Catalog. Select Create a new app catalog site, and then select OK. On the Create App Catalog Site Collection page, enter the required information, and then select OK.

Hope this will help

Best Regards

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MadSPS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Solution from MS support (it actually helped me):

If the Tenant does not have any Site Collection created it will not be possible to create the App Catalog.

Please go to the SharePoint admin center > Click on More features > Open Classic site collections page and create a new site collection. Just use the default template and make a throwaway site.

After this go back to create the app catalog.

View solution in original post