SharePoint Online & MS Flow

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I am currently using SharePoint Online through Office 365 and recently obtained MS Flow in my suite of apps. We have an existing SharePoint team site with an Out Of Office Calendar that already has a workflow integrated months before I arrived at this company. The calendar basically uses a pending/approved status on the calendar itself, and upon clicking on the pending/approved, I am redirected to a "Page not found" page.
What I'm trying to do is go into the workflow to observe the settings and see if there are perhaps any errors that could be fixed. When I look at the toolbar on any page, I can't find the Flow icon! All that's displayed are "New, upload, sync, Export to Excel, and horizontal ellipses." Is there a way I can add Flow to this toolbar?

Furthermore, when I go to workflow settings the message is, "This workflow cannot be customized from the browser. Use a SharePoint-compatible workflow editing tool, such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer, to edit this workflow." My supervisor has told me that the workflow was created by a contractor and that that contractor used MS Flow with the OOO Calendar. What can I do to edit the settings?

2 Replies
Mmm...according what the last part of your post, it seems you have a Workflow created with SharePoint Designer so first thing is just to check if that's the case just opening the site with SPD 2013 and see if the calendar has a Workflow attached. If not, then you can investigate if there is a Flow and you will need access Flow using the account used to create the Flow

Good luck with this,  I had a similar situation. Another Global Admin created a new Flow using MS Flow. When that person left the company there was no way to edit the Flow they created.  MS Flow was not originally designed as a system that could be maintained by the Global Admins. It seems that the Person who creates the Flow has to Share it with the people that must maintain it.  Luckily I had not deleted the ex-Admin account but merely disabled it. What I had to do is re-enable login and assign a O365 E3 license and log in as the Ex and then I could get to the Flow.