Sharepoint OneDrive Sync without downloading files

Copper Contributor

Hi,
for different purposes (save from 3rd-Party products, delete non-empty folders, directly open *.msg-files, ...) my customer wants to browse Sharepoint libraries in the file explorer. 
Using WebDAV or using 3rd party prducts like Cloud Drive Mapper didn't really work. 
My idea was to use the OneDrive sync but unfortunately the libraries are much larger than the local device. 
Is there any option to use sync but leaving the files online?

2 Replies

@AWalter_EK 
I am not a fan of synching content. It consumes resources, introduces sync problems, potentially exposes corporate data, makes the records management folks unhappy, ...
There are browser-based tools that mimic File Explorer access of SharePoint in a browser. e.g. here
They can cover 95% of the functionality of File Explorer like delete folders, open emails, rename, properties etc.. but the key gap is the ability to save directly to SharePoint using tools like AutoCAD.
Paul | SLIM Applications

@AWalter_EK You are looking for Files on demand. It allows you to view the files in the SharePoitn libraries without taking up  disc space until you open them up. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save-disk-space-with-onedrive-files-on-demand-for-windows...