Sharepoint On-Premises integration with Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are using Office365 with microsoft teams. I need to know is there a solution we can connect Microsoft Teams groups to receive and store files on Sharepoint on premise instead to Online. Is there a connector that can do that?

If this is not an option, is there any other chat software that can integrate to Sharepoint?

6 Replies

Hi @Marko Farkas ,

There isn't a solution that can do that I am afraid.

Andy

@Marko Farkas there is no real integration as of now, only thing you can do add SharePoint site or library as tab using website option

I get a message saying "This isn't a valid URL" when I try to add my Sharepoint On Prem as a Website tab in Teams. Can you think of any way around it? @SinhaKislay 

Can you provide the URL which you used? You can mask your orginal url and replace with some dummy text as it still works for me

Hi @Marko Farkas ,

I just saw this question and know it’s been answered, in different ways many times but no one answered your question.

Sync SharePoint On-Prem Files to SharePoint Online - SharePoint Stack Exchange

The method companies usually use to achieve this goal is replication.

There are several software companies for these tasks on the market(Veeam and so on).

I guess the answer why you can’t just connect it directly to a local SharePoint is that Microsoft Teams is built on SharePoint and provided via the Azure service.

So your answer would need either a custom adaptation of Teams, or a different software.

Sync SharePoint On-Prem Files to SharePoint Online - SharePoint Stack Exchange

So to come back to your question, there is a “with” online, but not alone on premise (as long as you want to use Microsoft Teams).

Anyway, Microsoft Teams is designed for Azure / Office365 from scratch.

If you want to communicate with Microsoft Teams channels, you already use it so it makes no really sense in avoiding it any more (sync or proxy).

Use the Microsoft Graph API - Microsoft Graph | Microsoft Learn

Developer guidance for Microsoft Entra Conditional Access - Microsoft identity platform | Microsoft ...