Sharepoint on premise 2019 Custom Form and Sites

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to create a site on my sharepoint 2019 on premise. This site should have a form which should send the data to a list on SP 2019 after submission. There is so much info online that I'm going into a rabbit hole of information.

My point is that I want to create this content myself, see details below:

• Don't want to use third party companies that charge money for integrating their forms.
  • InfoPath is no longer used so that's not an option
  • Power Apps: I have tried it and it does what is supposed to however, I built the app using my account and I cannot use it to send data to my organization's SP 2019. This is because they do not have the same authentication (I don't know how to work around that).

The solution that I am looking for (won't be simple) is to create custom pages with the form I want on SP 2019.

My question is, can this be done with SP Framework?

I searched a lot for ways to use code to create your own pages, forms, etc. Would SP Framework work for that?

Are there any other options?

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

TP

3 Replies
I too have this same issue. It looks like Microsoft has introduced form-customization with SPFX extensions. I was able to get it to work with our SPO tenant, but it fell flat when I tried it on our SP 2019 farm. Maybe you'll have better luck, but it seems like there is an SPListForm.aspx file missing for on premise sites that would make this work.

Here's the link if you want to give it a go.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/extensions/get-started/building-form-customizer

@TeePandos 

Maybe this is a little late...

On 2013 i used to do the following.

Create a list with the form questions as fields. Make it so that users can only see their own items (list setting). Link users to the newform.aspx page to let them fill in the form. Give someone permissions on the list to see all items and export to excel if needed.

Create a workflow in sp designer to email the person that fills out the form.

Not the most elegant solution but i never heard users complain.

@TeePandos As a SharePoint administrator, I understand your desire to create a custom form and site on your SharePoint 2019 on-premises environment without relying on third-party solutions. The approach you've outlined, using the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) to build custom pages and forms, is certainly a viable option.

The SharePoint Framework is a client-side development framework that allows you to build custom web parts, extensions, and other components that can be integrated into your SharePoint environment. This could be a suitable solution for your requirements, as it would enable you to create a custom form and site that can interact with your existing SharePoint lists and data. One of the key advantages of using SPFx is that it allows you to leverage modern web development technologies and practices, such as TypeScript, React, and other popular frameworks. This can provide you with a great deal of flexibility and control over the user experience and functionality of your custom solutions. However, it's important to note that building custom solutions with SPFx does require a certain level of development expertise. You'll need to be comfortable with web development and have a good understanding of the SharePoint Framework and its associated tooling and APIs. As an alternative, you could also consider using the built-in SharePoint features, such as the SharePoint List form pages, to create your custom form.

While this may not offer the same level of customization as an SPFx-based solution, it could be a simpler and more straightforward approach, especially if you're not as proficient in web development. Ultimately, the decision will depend on your specific requirements, the level of customization you need, and your team's development capabilities. If you decide to go the SPFx route, I'd recommend starting with the official Microsoft documentation and exploring the various resources and samples available in the SharePoint Developer community.