SOLVED

Sharepoint O365 - Home page Site List

Iron Contributor

We are a small(ish) organisation with around 150 Sites on Sharepoint Online.

Trying to create a new landing page for users using the Sites web-part but have a couple of minor issues I can't resolve...

I cannot add Sites to the web part that I am not an Owner/Member of despite being a Global Admin on the Tenant as the system filters based on 'Site' membership.  I don't want to have to make myself Owner of 150 Sites in order to be able to acheive this so is there a workaround please?

Secondly...  all of our users express the same concern...  they don't know what they don't know!  In other words... how do they request membership of a Site when they are unaware of what Sites exist...  So...   we need a way of adding ALL sites in the Tenant to the web part so that ALL users can see everything that exists... basically a full index list.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Beau Cameron (MVP)
Solution
Well, the Sites WebPart just displays the sites you have access to or in the case of Hub Sites, the sites joined to the Hub...this is by design and there is not option to change how the WebPart can be configured. In regards of how to discover sites by your users, you might need a custom WebPart for that purpose
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Beau Cameron (MVP)
Solution
Well, the Sites WebPart just displays the sites you have access to or in the case of Hub Sites, the sites joined to the Hub...this is by design and there is not option to change how the WebPart can be configured. In regards of how to discover sites by your users, you might need a custom WebPart for that purpose

View solution in original post