SharePoint - Not allow you login in incognito mode or private mode

Iron Contributor

Hi all,

I hope you guys are doing well. I realize something quite interesting a vendor shares a SharePoint link with my user. My user has two work email accounts.

Usually, we will open a private mode browser and then sign in to a diff account which the vendor specifies only a few of them can access the resources.

We then realize it only allows the user to access the link when the internet browser is in normal mode, but it doesn't allow you to access when the internet browser is in private mode or incognito mode.

People said because the creator want to monitor the member. Is it true?

I would appreciate any comment you provide. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Hi sk, Yes, it is possible that the creator of the SharePoint link has implemented a setting that prevents users from accessing the link in private mode or incognito mode. This is a common way to prevent users from accessing the link without being tracked.

There are a few reasons why the creator might want to do this. One reason is to track the activity of users who access the link. This can be helpful for troubleshooting problems or for ensuring that the link is being used for its intended purpose. Another reason is to prevent users from sharing the link with unauthorized people.

If you are concerned about your privacy, you can ask the creator of the SharePoint link to remove the restriction that prevents you from accessing the link in private mode. However, if they are using the restriction to track user activity, they may not be willing to remove it.