SharePoint News Images not appearing

Brass Contributor

I am noticing a new issue that occured yesterday. On the New "News" section of SharePoint, when you add images to the page itself (Not banner) that has already been uploaded to the site, the photo after pressing publish disappears. I am using just regular Jpeg and PNG images. Oddly, if I upload the image directly, it works. Any advice? 

I was storing images under site assets. I created a new document library under that same site and I uploaded images but still same results. 

24 Replies

Im going to assume this is due to the new feature of text and photos that allows you to edit both more. This might have broke it. I did test this news post of images on another site and still same issue. 

I started to experience the same problem.  The image will appear on the page, but disappear on save or publish if I use Site or From a link.

Like you I can only use Upload which puts the image under a folder hierarchy in Site Assets.  And, I cannot reuse that image on another page either.

I've just started to get the same issue. Not sure what has changed - I am doing exactly the same as before.

No problem here. You may have to submit a ticket to MS.

I have the same issue, uploaded banner image and icon to the library, clear my browser cache, but still, the image did not appear. Really strange - any solution to this?   

For what it's worth, this issue has now resolved its self for me.

This happens to me all the time. I find that the news post doesn't pick up images in the post and use them as the icon on SharePoint (either news webpart or under news). It is frustrating that this is so inconsistent and there doesn't appear to be a way to fix it. 

Hi,
I have the same issue in News Web part in Modern Site.
Sometimes it will appear image(itself), but sometimes not. And another thing is once its uploaded(using news link) after a few days will be disappeared.

What should I do for this matter?

Thanks & Best Regards
Shrinika Atapattu

Same problem here...very frustrating.

Fix please, or provide a workaround!!

I have the same issue

- image does not appear in News carousel

- images does appear on the News page itself

Hello does anyone have an idea on how to fix this, i am currently experiencing the same thing.

the banner does not reflect any image

@robbo_lk I am experiencing the same issue. Were you able to find a solution, please?

No solution so far :(

@Nicolai Danielsen  I could not find a, in the end I deleted the news page and craeted it again from scratch

Thank you for the tip. I am wondering if when you created the whole page over again, did you change the picture? Or did you use exactly the same picture? 

Did it work for you, and did you use the old images you had on the previous news web part or did you have delete and recreate the site entirely @robbo_lk 

I'm new to Sharepoint and having the same problem. Seems to work OK for Side-By-Side and Hub News layouts but the other layout options don't work consistently. One shows, and the next one doesn't.

@Brian Knutson We are experiencing the same issue with the photo displaying in the app view.  Yesterday I also learned that our News Link would no longer accept an external site url.

I believe something is glitching on Microsoft's end with all of these new News Feed issues.

I want a variety of team members to be able to populate our newsfeed but this is a pain and way too much time and energy to try to get something that should be easy to display. I hope it is fixed soon before my people give up and walk away. 

Same here.

Any solution?