SOLVED

SharePoint/MS Lists Views

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a SharePoint list where employees enter data via MS Lists.  There is a significant amount of information from many employees so I want the user to only see their information in MS Lists.  As the administrator of the site, I want to see all data.  Is there a way to filter the view so the user is only able to see their info and I can see all?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by RJF61 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RJF61

There are 2 ways of doing it

1. Update your default view to filter items created by self. Set Created = [Me] which will filter out all items and display only items created by logged in user. This will not prevent users from changing views or creating new view to access all items. 
  2. Second option is using item level permissions. Go to list settings -> Advanced settings -> Item-level permissions -> By setting 'Read items that were created by the user' & 'Create items and edit items that were created by the user' users are restricted to read/edit items only created by them. As admin with full control permission, you will still be able to view all items. This approach updates permissions at item level and there is no way for users to access items that are not created by them.

BharathArja_0-1659033857325.png

Thank you. This was perfect.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RJF61 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RJF61

There are 2 ways of doing it

1. Update your default view to filter items created by self. Set Created = [Me] which will filter out all items and display only items created by logged in user. This will not prevent users from changing views or creating new view to access all items. 
  2. Second option is using item level permissions. Go to list settings -> Advanced settings -> Item-level permissions -> By setting 'Read items that were created by the user' & 'Create items and edit items that were created by the user' users are restricted to read/edit items only created by them. As admin with full control permission, you will still be able to view all items. This approach updates permissions at item level and there is no way for users to access items that are not created by them.

BharathArja_0-1659033857325.png

View solution in original post