Sharepoint modern site custom list view permission

Copper Contributor

Assume that we have a custom SharePoint list called Test list that has granted full control access to user1 and edit access to user2.

The test list has multiple views(view1,view2). Now, for view1 how to restrict user2 and grant access to view1. Similarly, for view2 how to grant access only to user2 and restrict user1

Note - Both site and list views are modern. Also, we don't want any customization whether this can be achieved through OOTB

3 Replies

@siva_cit Currently there is No OOTB way to use target Audience in SharePoint Modern List view. I have provided one workaround in my answer in below thread, check if it works for you: View for individual user groups 

If you want to grant access to one user per one list view, you can ask user to create a personal/private view in list. Personal/private views can be seen only by the respective user & not visible to everyone having permissions to list.

Create, change, or delete a view of a list or library  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Thanks for sharing your response

Tried your approach and its works fine in the classic view but it's not working if we switch modern view.

A personal view is not working for our scenario

@siva_cit oh ok. Unfortunately, Audience targeting is not yet supported for SharePoint Modern List views.

You can submit new idea for this on SharePoint feedback portal. You may also want to vote on below existing ideas on the portal:

1. Allow setting permissions for each view in the list/library 
  2. Views from Sharepoint Online list with permission like audience  
  3. Share only a view of a list 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.