SOLVED

SharePoint Modern Pages: Line Spacing Discrepancy

Steel Contributor

I've experienced an issue where text in a Content web part in modern page created by a user with full control rights is perceived differently from the perspective of a user with read rights, where the user with read rights sees significantly increased line spacing and the full control user doesn't; see snapshots below.

The workaround I've found successful so far is to elevate a read user up to the edit right, republish the page as that user, and then remove the edit right from that user; only after that process does the page appear normally.

Any experience/solution to this phenomenon?

View of the page for the Full Control userView of the page for the Full Control userView of the page for the Read userView of the page for the Read user

9 Replies

Further testing indicates that any pages touched within the last month are experiencing this issue, though pages older than that appear fine in both views. Bulleted lists become an extreme problem to fix and maintain if the bullets are nested.

best response confirmed by Matt Coats (Steel Contributor)
Solution

I believe I've found the source of the issue--the core difference between the full control user and the read user wasn't permissions, it was First Release. The full control user was on First Release, and when this user was taken off of First Release, pages looked the same to both users again. As for why the issue was only noticed now, this must be due to Modern pages no longer being First Release exclusive.

Wow, please continue posting here your experiences :)

Thanks @Matt Coats for brining this issue to our attention. This is not expected and we will look into it and get back to you if we need some further information on repro of this bug.

@Sohail Tariq wrote:

Thanks @Matt Coats for brining this issue to our attention. This is not expected and we will look into it and get back to you if we need some further information on repro of this bug.

Hi @Sohail Tariq do you have any updates on this? I'm having an issue with this, as well. 

Thanks!

If it's worth anything, I double-checked this today and the issue is still persisting for me.

@Matt Coats wrote:

If it's worth anything, I double-checked this today and the issue is still persisting for me.

Thanks @Matt Coats at least I'm not alone, I guess. 

It is good to know there isn't a fix I'm not aware of, sorry you are still having issues. 

Same here I am trying to make it all look the same
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Matt Coats (Steel Contributor)
Solution

I believe I've found the source of the issue--the core difference between the full control user and the read user wasn't permissions, it was First Release. The full control user was on First Release, and when this user was taken off of First Release, pages looked the same to both users again. As for why the issue was only noticed now, this must be due to Modern pages no longer being First Release exclusive.

View solution in original post