SharePoint modern list view not displaying items

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi

I hope you can help me.

I have a SharePoint site with multiple lists, which are all using the Modern list view.

A few days ago one of the modern list views aren't displaying items, even though there are more then 60 items in the list. If I switch to classic view all my items are displayed in the view.

Best

Thomas

Microsoft_Error_SharePoint_List_Modern_View_No_Items_01.pngMicrosoft_Error_SharePoint_List_Modern_View_No_Items_02.pngMicrosoft_Error_SharePoint_List_Modern_View_No_Items_03.png

26 Replies

Also a problem here. I have list, with 5 different views. 4 of them only have to bring back a small % of the list and show correctly, but for some reason the main view which should be bringing back thousands, is always stucked a 3977. I've dropped all data in the list and repopulated it but the problem remains.

I can see there is over 6000 items in the list but the view should show the first 5000 (based on indexed column). 

@RobThrive 

Please check your alternate access mapping.  make sure you have added the correct mapping (the url which you are trying to access the site)

I tried this several times on different lists but it didn’t work.

We have just found a solution to this issue that was affecting some users. It seems they were only seeing synced items not the whole lot.

If you turn off  List settings -> Advanced -> Offline Client Availability this seems to solve it.

@tshepherd I am also facing the same issue, but the hack you provided did not solve the problem. Any ideas ?

@lathiG  The reason we worked out that  syncing was the issue was because of the sync tick that showed on the list as per the image below. If you don't have this then it is probably a different issue. Sorry I don't have another solution.

pic.png

@tshepherd

"turn off List settings -> Advanced -> Offline Client Availability" 

This fixed the issue for me. Thank you! I was having some users able to see some list items, some of the time. Very inconsistent. Lists worked normal for users in classic mode and in modern mode if it was an incognito or private window. But was all messed up in modern mode in a normal browser window.