Sharepoint migration tool - Last modified field

Copper Contributor

Hi all

I am migrating 100+ Sharepoint sites from Sharepoint 2010 On Premise to Sharepoint Online with the well known Sharepoint migration tool.

When I was doing some tests, I noticed some documents having their a wrong "Last modified" field. Sometimes it is set to "System Account".

Test scenario:

• SPMT version:
  • SPMT config: csv bulk migration
  • Source: 100x the same on premise site
  • Destination: different sharepoint online site
  • SPMT config: default (No AD User Mapping)

Result:

Some of the sites have documents with the last modified field set to "System Account". Other sites do not experience this problem. Meaning that the last modified is the same as the ones in the sharepoint on premise site. It is very inconsistent. Most of the time, it are 5 sites on a row with this issue. And then 20 sites without any issue.

I have checked the "FailureSummaryReport" file and the logs. But there is no entry concerning the documents missing the last modified.

Questions:

• Is this a known issue with the SPMT?
  • Can this be linked to throttling?

My thoughts:

- The AD does not respond in time to the SPMT. SPMT does not experience this as blocking so goes on migrating other documents. But why is this not logged in the failure raport?

- I have tried to solve it with a delta migration. But no success. Because the document has not been changed it not migrated again.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

Hi @RubenClaeys 

I have the same problem : my fields "created by" and "modified by" are complete with "system account".

Do you find a solution ?

For me, it's happen when i used the "file share" migration.

Thanks.

Thomas