Sharepoint Migration Tool Error 0x01710004

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to migrate on-premises sharepoint Server 2010 to Sharepoint 365, but the migration always terminate with error 0x01710004.

The document analysis end without error, but the migration not. Looking at the log file I found this recourring error for each document:

TimeStamp:09/03/2020 07:16:36 Package#:[0] EventType:[JOBERROR] PackageID:[2c56807f-6b08-4c8b-9c39-8576238ea2a4] JobID:[192d7662-d60a-450c-b21a-b6d9afa220e6] FilesCreated:0/2
Event:JobError
JobId:192d7662-d60a-450c-b21a-b6d9afa220e6
Time:09/03/2020 07:16:36.803
TotalRetryCount:0
MigrationType:None
MigrationDirection:Import
ObjectType:ListItem
Url:xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx.xlsx
Id:07c1aedb-01c5-4df4-958a-237c9f785224
SourceListItemIntId:1
TargetListItemIntId:1
ErrorCode:-2146232832
ErrorType:Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException
Message:Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. CallStack -- at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.EnsureItemIsValid()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.GetValue(SPField fld, Int32 columnNumber, Boolean bRaw, Boolean bThrowException)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.get_FileSystemObjectType()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.get_File()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.CallSetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo objectData, ISerializationSurrogate surrogate, ISurrogateSelector selector)
CorrelationId:70a7cc01-fbcf-4c67-a2ee-c0ba8a545954

What can I do to solve the issue?

Thanks

5 Replies

@peofrat1300 

The tool thinks it is being asked to move something that's no longer present.  An off the top of my head suggestion is to check the site recycle bin to see if any of the files you're trying to move are there and restore them.

Can you also advise what migration tool you're using?

@peofrat1300 

Can you verify the length for path of documents that you're trying to migrate. SharePoint Online supports URL length of 400 characters. You can give a try to migrate document from a shorten path and see if error appears. 

@Steven Andrews 

I'm using SPMT to migrate, by now for 1 document library that contains only 2 documents. The recycle bin in the source is completely empty, the strange thing is that the analysis terminate correctly, so the tool can find the documents during that step.

@aliraza3008 

I can try to reduce the path size and let you know what happens.

Thanks

@peofrat1300 

Please also check if there are any special characters are part of the URL or document name. 

@aliraza3008

I've tried some other migrations and verified the source path (70 characters) and the destination path (90 characters).

The 2 files has a naming structure like this: "xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - xxxxx.xls", I've created a new file "test.txt" in the same folder and this file has been correctly migrated.

I've tried to rename 1 of the 2 xls file as "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xls" but migrations terminate with error again ... looking at the log file I've found a different exception for the renamed file:

Message:File cannot be deleted will try to append the file instead. CallStack -- InnerException -- Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl
CorrelationId:bdf7b5a1-f5c6-4b4e-b24f-ab0ce42c69b3

Message:Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl CallStack -- at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(String strUrl, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(SPResourcePath url, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFileWithGuid(Stream spstm, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid fileId, SPResourcePath filePath, Int32 authorId, String authorLoginName, Int32 editorId, String editorLoginName, String checkinComment, DateTime timeCreated, DateTime timeLastModified, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, Int32 length, Int32 iVersion, Boolean isFirstVersion, SPImportSettings settings, Int32 listItemId, String listInternalName, Boolean hasNoExecuteFlag, ImportObjectManager objectManager)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid fileId, SPResourcePath filePath, FileInfo fileInfo, String fileValue, Int32 authorId, String authorLoginName, Int32 editorId, String editorLoginName, String checkinComment, DateTime timeCreated, DateTime timeLastModified, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, Int32 iVersion, Boolean isFirstVersion, Int32 listItemId, String listInternalName, Boolean hasNoExecuteFlag, ImportObjectManager objectManager, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, StreamingContext context)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFile(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, Boolean isFirstVersion, Boolean hasWebParts, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFileAndAssocData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.AddOrUpdateDoclibItem(SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SPListItem& listItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid newId, SPResourcePath& listItemServerRelativePath, Boolean bIsPublish, Boolean exists, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector, LoggerStatistics stats)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
CorrelationId:bdf7b5a1-f5c6-4b4e-b24f-ab0ce42c69b3