SharePoint Migration Tool creates multiple duplicates of views

MVP

Hi, after using the SharePoint Migration Tool to migrate sites from a SP Server 2013 farm to SP Online, some document libraries have multiple copies of most of their views, which I now have to painstakingly delete. The original view is still there, and then five duplicates with numbers appended. In a library with 20 views that means I have to delete 100 duplicate views manually.

Has anyone come across this? How can that be avoided?

3 Replies

@Ingeborg Hawighorst - I'm seeing this on a one off library that I'm attempting to migrate from SP2013 to SPO.  Other libraries are ok.  This one is not only creating redundant multiple copies of views, it is not copying files or folders!  And no error messages.  WTH!  Send help!

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/spmt-3-2-118-0-files-aren-t-migrating-for-one-docu...

@Ingeborg Hawighorst  Did you ever get any response on this?  I'm seeing this in other migrations.  Over 100 duplicate views got created in one migration.  I can't even properly use powershell to delete because the title of each duplicated view is the same.  I'd have to use the ID to delete because it gets confused on the duplicated copies.  It looks like this:

Admin View (Unique ID)

Admin View (Unique ID)

Admin View (Unique ID)

Admin View (Unique ID)

Admin View (Unique ID)

Client View (Unique ID)

Client View (Unique ID)

Client View (Unique ID)

Client View (Unique ID)

Client View (Unique ID)

ETC!

MS send help!!

@Scott Smith Sorry to hear that. No, I have never had anything useful returned on this. It looks like it never reached anyone at Microsoft.