SOLVED

Sharepoint Master list sync with List A.B,C etc

Copper Contributor

Hell Guys.
I have a challenging issue.
I have a Master List and another lists, let's say list A list B list C list D list E. I need when List A or B or C or D or E get a new Item it gets registered also in Master List and when it is edited in the Master List or Modified the same item is modified again it its respective list that it originally came from A,B, or C. or if it was edited in future in list A it reflects to the Master List.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by whissi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@whissi SharePoint is not a full relational database platform so I don't think there is any way you can do this with just SharePoint lists, you are going to need to build several flows in Power Automate:

• a flow that triggers whenever an item is created in list A and creates an item in the master list. Same for each of list B, C, D and E. You'd need to make sure in the master list you had columns for the "original list" it was coming from and the original list ID.

• a flow that triggers whenever an item in the master list is modified. You would need to initialise a variable to hold the "original ID" number and include in your flow a switch control (a type of condition) that looks at which "original list" would need to be updated. In each case within the switch you would need an update item action for that particular list with ID from the variable.  

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

This depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Do you really want the list items being copied and synced between the lists?
Then you will most likely need a PowerAutomate Flow that copies the items

Or do you just want a combined view of all items in the A,B,C,D and E lists?
In that case you could try to use the "Highlighted Content" Webpart or the PnP Search Webparts to aggregate Data from multiple lists into a single view... Or create a PowerApp.

Or just have one List with four views.
Thanks Rob, its exactly as you said, the issue is that I don't know how to do the 2nd point as I am only new to Power automate and know the basics, if you can direct me or have any example i can read, I will be thankful to you.

Hello Sven, its like Rob explained in his reply.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by whissi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@whissi SharePoint is not a full relational database platform so I don't think there is any way you can do this with just SharePoint lists, you are going to need to build several flows in Power Automate:

• a flow that triggers whenever an item is created in list A and creates an item in the master list. Same for each of list B, C, D and E. You'd need to make sure in the master list you had columns for the "original list" it was coming from and the original list ID.

• a flow that triggers whenever an item in the master list is modified. You would need to initialise a variable to hold the "original ID" number and include in your flow a switch control (a type of condition) that looks at which "original list" would need to be updated. In each case within the switch you would need an update item action for that particular list with ID from the variable.  

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post