SharePoint Managed properties subsites

Copper Contributor

Hello people,

I have the following situation, I created a subsite, and I added a column that I need to use in the managed properties in the refinable string, but opening the option in the subsite, all is disabled (I have full control of the page. ) 

Subsites:

felipewltc_0-1654016326236.png

Test or communities schema configuration:

felipewltc_1-1654016344020.png

Should I do it in the parent site?  Any idea? 

Thank you in advance !! 

6 Replies

Hello @felipewltc

you need to configure the search schema in your SharePoint Admin Center under 

https://TENANT-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/searchadmin/ta_listmanagedproperties.aspx?level=tena...

Regards, Dave

So if I cannot access sharepoint admin center, i would not be able to do it, correct?

Hello @felipewltc

when you are an Sitecollection administrator, you can map or create managed properties on this level But i recommend to configure managed properties on tenant level.

Regards, Dave

Yes, I can created and do all that, but in the site I am admin of, using the subsite all is disable and I cannot change the information or edit within the columns insite of the subsite

Hi @felipewltc

yes, this settings are only available on site collection level, not on site level...

DavidMehr_0-1654023531642.png

In your case: is it possible to create site columns? so you can use this kind of columns also in your subsite. 

Regards, Dave

No, I need to create those colunns just in the subsite and use them there, cannot add those columns in the general site