SharePoint Lists: Populating a picklist column based on the values from multiple columns

Copper Contributor

Hello, so the issue I am trying to resolve for is this:

I'm currently building a resource allocation list in SharePoint, which has a split by percentage, by resource. I'd like to see if there is a way to have a fourth column Populate the "Winner" % and based off the percentage calculation populate some pre-defined text based on those allocations.

I may not be explaining it well, so please see the below table for an example:

Name

"Winner"

LOB 1

LOB 2

LOB 3

Jim Bob

50%

50%

0%

SpongeBob

100%

0%

0%

Bobcat

60%

40%

0%

Sideshow Bob

50%

25%

25%

Is anyone aware of a way to do this?  It would be a massive time saver and would help with some management reporting I need to run, without having to extract it to excel and make the manual changes needed.

3 Replies

@Tom_Fitzgerald based on your table I don't uderstand what sort of result you are expecting to see in the "Winner" column. Is it the column, either LOB 1,2 or 3, that has the maximum percentage?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

Hi Rob, thanks so much for responding!

So after some additional research, I've decided to get rid of the "winner" column, and instead opt for Conditional formatting by rows.  What I am trying to do is basically conditionally format the winning % in each row, to highlight which LOB is receiving the highest allocation.  Basically, the same way you can conditionally format columns to show a disparity, just this time horizontally.

I hope this makes sense

@Tom_Fitzgerald yes I thought it would be something like that. I'll give it some thought over the next hour.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)