SOLVED

SharePoint Lists - Expanded View Roadmap ID: 57302

Iron Contributor

Tried this in our tenant this morning and there doesn't appear to be any option to minimise/reverse the expansion when it is selected. The only workaround I've found is to reload the page which removes any list or library items that were selected. Causing a few issues with users already, is this normal behaviour?

12 Replies

Hi @Kotus-Tech,

See this related post: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sp-list-expand-content-button/m-p/1164559#M38207

If things were acting normally, you would see a "Collapse content" button in the top right. See image.

pic.png

@ChrisWebb  suggests a possible workaround and explanation for the lost functionality. If it persists, I would consider opening a support request.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young 

Thanks, Norm. Unfortunately deleting the Chrome cache has not had any effect. It's comforting to know that others are experiencing the issue. I shall continue testing and monitoring and will raise a ticket if needed.

Thanks again.

@Kotus-Tech  MS just got back to me and he said he was told by the 'back-end' team that the 'issue should be working fine now'.

It isn't - clicking the expand icon loses the command bar. One difference, though - we are back to our original 'broken' state where refreshing the page returns the page to normal. At least we don't have to clear cookies/browsing history anymore.

Yep, I can confirm it should work as advised by Norman

MS just updated my ticket (though not quite true, my Biz Pro tenant works fine).

The behavior you have at the moment is the general behavior across all tenants and it is established to be a known issue and it is currently being investigated. All tenants are experiencing this and a fix for this will soon be rolled out to all affected tenants.

We know this is inconveniencing and this issue is receiving the required attention by our engineering team. We urged that you exercise patience while we roll out this fix to concerned tenants.

Also note that SP203571 has been logged into service history, saying the fix is the 'you have to refresh the page to get back to normal view'. This doesn't fix the original problem of not having a command bar with the new button nor the quick edit. The documentation showed those available, but that's not what they delivered. They're still working on a solution for the disappearing command bar, which I guess lots of tenants are missing. 

Hello @Robin Nilsson ,

on my site - doc lib every works with that expand / reducing view. See screenshots here. I thing MS fixed it now quickly :cool:toggleView1.bmptoggleView2.bmp

@Robin Nilsson I was sent this in response to a request for screenshots on Friday:

"Thank you very much for providing these! We will investigate and when I have more information I will reach out to you."

After testing this morning, the issue is still there, no fix has been applied on our end.

@Eva Vogel Not working here yet, though one of my other tenants is just fine. MS closed my ticket because it's a 'known issue' that is affecting many tenants, and they just fixed the 'allow a refresh to bring back the full list functionality' that was broken before. So waiting here like the rest of you :)

Ours still isn't working across two different tenancies. No response to my MS ticket yet which is interesting if it's a known issue.

The workaround for our users presently is to refresh the page. This reloads the list or library but will of course remove any selected items.
best response confirmed by Norman Young (MVP)
Solution

Response from MS support:

"The bug was identified by the engineering team and a fix should be deployed to all tenants within the next two weeks."

I'll wait and see!

@Kotus-Tech This seems to be fixed as of the beginning of this week, but I just noticed one use case where it is still broken.

On any site in a hub, with the hub menu showing - when you expand the list/library, the menu bar is hidden underneath the hub menu. You can move your cursor to the top right, just under the hub menu, and you are able to click to get your headers back.

Hi - yep does certainly seem to be fixed. Thanks.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Norman Young (MVP)
Solution

Response from MS support:

"The bug was identified by the engineering team and a fix should be deployed to all tenants within the next two weeks."

I'll wait and see!

View solution in original post