SOLVED

Sharepoint lists error 'There was a problem validating data'

Copper Contributor

My Team have had a SharePoint list up and running for a while now with no issues. A week or two ago we started seeing an issue when some of my team members edit any section of the list and an error pops up as they exit grid view stating they need to fix errors.

Jaye_Lacey_1-1681790613622.png

Then when you go to fix the problem, the icon displaying the problem states 'There was a problem validating data'.

Jaye_Lacey_2-1681791061901.png

There is no validation or restrictions on this column or any of the columns in this list.

This is only currently occurring for a few team members however I am not having any issues myself.

I have checked all accessibility and there should be no restrictions on that end. 

Has anyone run into this before?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Jaye_Lacey (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jaye_Lacey 

This error can occur for a variety of reasons, including issues with data validation or restrictions on columns in the list.

One possible solution that has worked for some users is to clear the browser cookies and cache.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you may want to check if there are any data validation rules or restrictions on the columns in the list that could be causing the error.

Hope its helps!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jaye_Lacey (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jaye_Lacey 

This error can occur for a variety of reasons, including issues with data validation or restrictions on columns in the list.

One possible solution that has worked for some users is to clear the browser cookies and cache.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you may want to check if there are any data validation rules or restrictions on the columns in the list that could be causing the error.

Hope its helps!

View solution in original post